I can't believe this trip has come to an end. This will be my last blog of the trip. I apologize for not writing sooner but for a week that has had less activities it has been very busy. Yesterday we had a free day in the morning where we went to the vendors again for some last minute items and then spent the rest of the day on the beach. We played a lot of games like tug of war and sack races and then ended up just playing volleyball and watching the sunset.
Today we went horseback riding. It was the coolest thing I have ever experienced. Although my horse was a little temperamental he was so fast and strong. I named him Jose and we rode through the sand dunes and across rivers and down the beach. The prettiest part of the ride was when we were walking through these sand dunes that looked like a desert. We finally got to the top of one of the tallest dunes and from there we could see the pacific ocean crashing against the rocks. It was so beautiful. At one point Jose decided that we wanted to go in a totally different direction from the rest of the group but once one of the guides talked to him he changed his mindset. Jose and i even galloped together which was the scariest and most thrilling experience I have ever had. After riding we had a delicious bbq at the ranch and then went home to relax before having our farewell dinner. It was so sad to say goodbye to everyone in a formal setting and I thank the University of Santa Maria and Mr. Verner for all of his work these past two weeks. I have made a promise to myself that I will be back to Chile at sometime in the near future. I can't stand to leave now so I need to come back and explore more of Chile.
Tonight we're heading to our farewell party at a bar called Goose and then tomorrow I will be packing and begin my journey home. For all who have followed this blog I hope you have enjoyed it and I can't wait to show pictures!
Ciao!
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment