Today was a busy day! We woke up around 7 and headed to the University in Valpraiso and had a tour. The campus is beautiful and has tons of palm trees and fields and overlooks the Pacific Ocean. It also looks like a castle which is what a lot of older buildings here look like. We had 3 different lectures on culture, earthquakes and music and then headed to lunch. I was a little suspicious about the meal fearing that it would be something scary that comes out of the cracks and market central but it was really really good. We had soup and salad and meat. We had a tour of Valpraiso, Vina del Mar, ReƱeca, and Con Con and saw tons of different colored houses, sealions and interesting buildings. We went to the top of a hill on a tram like car that i thought was going to drop at any moment and then was hugged by a short chilean woman. It was very intersting. We just got back from a restaurant that makes the best empanadas( i had crab and cheese in mine) and now I'm waiting to head to salsa lessons and a karaoke bar. Busy busy day!
Meredith
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Da bear, I am following you. I'm happy about your Chilean woman :).
ReplyDelete